This post is also available in: Chinese (Traditional)
- Who should be booking designated quarantine hotels?
All persons arriving at Hong Kong who have stayed in places outside China on the day of arrival at Hong Kong or during the 21 days before that day must undergo 21-day compulsory quarantine in accordance with the directions under the Prevention and Control of Disease Regulation, and their parent/caretaker who is approved by the Department of Health to accompany them during the quarantine period.
- What are designated quarantine hotels? Which hotels have been designated?
Designated quarantine hotels can only receive travellers from countries outside China who are required to undergo compulsory quarantine. The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region announced the list of designated quarantine hotels for the first and second cycle. The last check-in date for the first cycle hotels is 30 January 2021, while the quarantine period for the second cycle hotels will be 20 February 2021 to 20 April 2021.
For more details, please refer to the “List of Designated Hotels”.
- How and where do I book the designated quarantine hotels on Expedia?
At the moment, there are 12 designated hotels open for booking on Expedia, including:
- Best Western Plus Hotel Hong Kong
- Dorsett Mongkok
- Dorsett Wan Chai
- Eco Tree Hotel Causeway Bay
- Lan Kwai Fong Hotel @ Kau U Fong
- Ramada Hong Kong Grand
- Ramada Hong Kong Grand View
- Ramada Hong Kong Harbour View
- The Landmark Mandarin Oriental
- Regal Airport Hotel
- Regal Oriental Hotel – Hong Kong
To view the price of the hotel, you must fulfil the searching requirements of a 21-night-stay.
- When should I book a designated quarantine hotel?
You should book a designated quarantine hotel before departure, otherwise you will not be allowed to board the flight.
- What does the price of the quarantine accommodation include?
Beside the basic room facilities offered by the designated quarantine hotels, service will also provide each occupant 3 meals a day during the compulsory quarantine period, costs for which will have already been included in the room rate (10% service charge inclusive) to be charged for your stay.
- Do quarantine hotel accommodation options allow food delivery services from outside vendors?
This is subjected to the individual hotel’s policy and arrangement. If you have any concerns about it, make sure you enquire the hotel before making your room reservation.
- If I tested positive, and am required to transfer to hospital, will there be any refund arrangement?
For more information about how to cancel or make changes to your booking, you can refer to Expedia’s COVID-19 travel guide. If you need further assistance, you can contact our customer service portal.
- How can I save when booking with Expedia?
Expedia offers various discount options for you to save on selected stays. You can:
- Enjoy discounts with coupon codes
- Sign up as a Expedia member to earn double Expedia Rewards points on app bookings
- Earn Expedia Rewards Silver status as soon as you completed your stay at the designated quarantine hotel
- Enjoy more comprehensive Expedia Rewards member benefits by staying over 15 nights stay to become a Gold member
Expedia Rewards is subject to terms and conditions.
Check the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’s website to get the latest information about the designated hotels for quarantine.